JCE Online content was divided among several sections accessed using links from the section menus along the left side of the pages at the site. These content sections were titled
- JCE Print
- JCE Digital Library
- JCE Software
- Only[at]JCE Online
- About JCE
Some of the JCE Online content remains as part of ChemEd Xchange; some has moved to other web sites; some has been discontinued and is no longer available.
The JCE Print section contained the content from the Journal of Chemical Education. All Journal of Chemical Education content was migrated to ACS Publications in 2010, where it is found along with other ACS journals. The ACS Publications Web Edition platform offers many features for viewing and finding journal content. We recommend that you consult the website demonstration for information on the use of the ACS Publications site.
JCE Digital Library
Although some of the JCE Digital Library content can be found at ChemEd Xchange, most is found elsewhere. The JCE Digital Library was the precursor to the Chemical Education Digital Library (ChemEd DL), which we recommend for finding chemical education resources, including most JCE Digital Library resources. Some of the content in the JCE Digital Library section of JCE Online was closely associated with articles in the Journal of Chemical Education and has been moved to the JCE site at ACS Publications as supporting information for those articles. Other JCE Digial Library collections referred to content on external sites and can continue to be found at those sites, (use the links below).
The ChemInfo collection was divided into Inorganic and Organic subcollections. ChemInfo: Inorganic consisted of a single item, which is available as supporting information of its JCE article, Diamagnetic Corrections and Pascal Constant1. The ChemInfo: Organic collection of resources maintained by Hans Reich can be found at the University of Wisconsin–Madison Chemistry Department site.
The Data-Driven Exercises collection by W. Tandy Grubbs consisted of links to exercises found at Tandy's site, where they remain.
The DigiDemos collection consisted of demonstrations from the Journal of Chemical Education, presented as a discussion forum where the individual demonstrations could be discussed. The DigiDemos forum has been discontinued. Consult the JCE site at ACS Publications for demonstration articles published in JCE.
The Featured Molecules collection consisted of an article from each issue of JCE from 2002 79(6) through 2010 87(12) that contained molecules referenced in other articles from that same JCE issue. The Featured Molecules contents have been migrated to supporting information of those associated Featured Molecules articles at the JCE at the ACS Publications site.
- Bain, G. A.; Berry, J. F. "Diamagnetic Corrections and Pascal Constant" J. Chem. Educ. 2008 85 (4), p 532.
- Zielinski, T. J.; Harvey, E.; Sweeney, R.; Hanson, D. M. "Quantum States of Atoms and Molecules" J. Chem. Educ. 2005 82 (12), 1880.
- Chen, F. "Contrail: A Module from the Physical Chemistry On-Line Project" J. Chem. Educ. 2007 84 (4), 735.
- Whisnant, D. M., Lever L., Howe, J. "Cl2O4 in the Stratosphere: A Module from the Physical Chemistry On-Line Project" J Chem Educ 2005 82 (2), 334.
- Rittenhouse, R. C.; Soper, L. M.; Rittenhouse, J. L. "Filling in the Hexagonal Close-Packed Unit Cell" J. Chem. Educ. 2006, 83, 175.
- Henderson, G.; Rittenhouse, R. C.; Wright, J. C.; Holmes, J. L. "How a Photon Is Created or Absorbed" J. Chem. Educ. 1979, 56, 631-635.
- Henderson, G. "Moving Particles and Wave Packet Propagation: A Computer Animated Supplement" J. Chem. Educ. 2000, 77, 134.
- Logsdon, B.; Henderson, G. "Stark Effects on Rigid Rotor Wavefunctions" J. Chem. Educ. 1995, 72, 1021-1024.
- Henderson, G.; Liberatore, C. "Animated Vibrational Modes of Triatomic Molecules" J. Chem. Educ. 1998, 75, 779.
- Triest, M.; Bussière, G.; Bélisle, H.; Reber, C. "Why Does the Middle Band in the Absorption Spectrum of Ni(H2O)62+ Have Two Maxima?" J. Chem. Educ. 2000, 77, 670.