The mission of the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (NCCSTS) at SUNY-Buffalo is to promote the development and dissemination of materials and practices for case teaching in the sciences.
Click on the links below to learn more about-
- a bibliography of case studies,
- faculty perceptions on the benefit of teaching case studies, and
- research articles
Below is a sample work flow showing how to navigate the NCCSTS case collection. Enjoy!
1. Start at the NCCSTS homepage (http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/). Then click on Case Collection (red arrow, upper right).
2. Clicking on Case Collection takes you to the Keyword Search page. As shown below use the dropdown arrows to narrow your search parameters. As an example I chose Organic Chemistry under Subject Heading.
3. Below is a partial list (6/25) of case studies categorized under the Subject Heading choice, Organic Chemistry.
4. Click on a case study. I chose The Case of the Missing Bees (not shown in the partial list above). Below is a partial screenshot of the case study description. To download the case study click on the DOWNLOAD CASE icon (red arrow, upper right).
5. Below is the the top of the first page of the case study, The Case of the Missing Bees.
6. And of course make sure to review and adhere to the Permitted and Standard Uses and Permissions (http://sciencecases.lib.buffalo.edu/cs/collection/uses/).