This year's STANYS Conference will be held at the Riverside Convention Center in Rochester NY on November 3-5, 2018.
- Has your state adopted NGSS or an adapted version? At this conference you will have the chance to dive deeper into your development of the three dimensions. The theme of the conference is: “Science in Action” and refers to the actions required to appropriately integrate the three “dimensions” of the Next Generation Science Learning Standards: Science and Engineering Practices, Disciplinary Core Ideas, Cross-cutting Concepts into the science curriculum of classrooms.
- The conference takes place mainly over the course of the weekend so as not to require much time away from your students.
- Breakfast Panel discussion with NSTA Press authors Victor Sampson, Tricia Shelton and Jackie Speake and consultant Paul Andersen will address how to transform your classroom for NGSS
- Subject area institutes which are series of workshop sessions within a subject area with a "Science in Action" focus.
- Makerspace Activities - hands-on activities with a content or pedagogy focus.
- Chemistry Institute - Sunday morning of the conference will be a chemistry institute where teachers will engage in hands-on activities that could be used to address different phenomena and three-dimensional learning in their own classrooms. The institute will provide teachers with a purposeful integration of the science and engineering practices into everyday instruction.
- Monday Institute with Paul Andersen - A special Monday full day institute with education guru Paul Andersen of Bozeman Science. Paul Andersen has traveled the world to train teachers in NGSS design and implementation.
For conference workshops click here.
***Note: You do not have to live in or near New York State to attend and/or present at this conference! Last year our AACT president, Sherri Rukes, provided fantastic workshops and she will be there again this year.***